CONSIDERING FOSTERING OR ADOPTING?
In order to foster or adopt in the Triangle, you must become licensed through a public or private agency.
- Durham County Department of Social Services Foster Care and Adoption page
- Wake County Department of Social Services Child Protective Services and Foster Care page
- Orange County Department of Social Services Foster Care page
- Children's Home Society
- Methodist Home for Children
- Lutheran Services Carolinas
- Boys and Girls Homes of NC
- Alpha Management Community Services
- AGAPE of NC
- The Bair Foundation
- Easter Seals UCP North Carolina & Virginia
- Kidspeace National Centers of North America
- Omni Visions
- Pinnacle Family Services of NC
- Quality Care Solutions
- Touchstone Residential Services
NOTE: There are many other national and international adoption agencies beyond this list.
USEFUL LINKS if you're considering becoming a foster parent
- Adopt US Kids A great resource for foster parenting and adoption questions.
- VIDEO: Foster and Adoptive Parents: An Introduction From Adopt US Kids
- VIDEO: Common Questions about Fostering Orange County Department of Social Services
- VIDEO: ReMoved ReMoved follows the emotional story through the eyes of a young girl taken from her home and placed into foster care. Winner of Best Film and Audience Choice at the 168 Film Festival
Facebook groups & pages
Feel free to email us if you would like to be connected with foster parents who are currently in the Triangle. We are happy to share our experiences with you, and answer any specific questions you might have!